The JCC Camps at Medford Experience
The JCC Camps at Medford enriches the lives of children by teaching values and life skills in a fun, safe, Jewish environment while building confidence, sharing successes, and creating lasting friendships and memories.
The JCC Camps at Medford prides itself on the foundation of Jewish values, which guide us in all we do. The impact of these values can be felt the moment you step onto our campus. As you walk through camp, you’ll notice our brightly colored feather flags, which highlight each of these Jewish values that make camp a special place.
- Ahava (Love): We show our love for Camp, for nature, for our campers and staff.
- Mishpacha (Family): We are one big Camp family. Our staff, campers, camp parents and lay leaders make up an incredible family at the JCC Camps at Medford. We know families come in diverse shapes and sizes, and we welcome all!
- Kavod (Respect): We treat our peers with respect, teach campers to respect staff, train staff to respect campers and remind everyone to respect our campgrounds and Earth.
- Rachmanus (Mercy & Compassion): This term is often used related to sports and competition. We teach our campers and staff good sportsmanship at activities, during Maccabiah Color War, and amongst friends.
- Tzedakah (Justice & Charity): We teach our Camp family to give back to those in need in order to create a more just society.
- Chesed (Kindness): We encourage everyone to be polite, friendly and respectful to their peers, staff and families. We create opportunities for acts of loving kindness.
Beth has over 28 years of experience at JCC’s in the Philadelphia region including positions as Aquatics Director, Health and recreation Director, regional JCC Without Walls Director, Program Director, Assistant Executive Director, 2 times JCC Maccabi Games Director and most recently the Executive Director of the Kaiserman JCC in Wynnewood, PA.
In addition to the JCC, Beth’s camping experience includes 11 years at Sesame Rockwood Day Camp in Blue Bell, PA. As a member of the camp Leadership Team, she created amazing opportunities for campers to grow, thrive and make friendships for a lifetime in a safe environment. Beth is thrilled to be back in the camp setting and to get to make memorable experiences for all of our JCC Camps at Medford campers!
Beth enjoys live music, gardening, a wide variety of sports and is also an equestrian. She has 2 sons; Craig who works at the Klein Branch JCC in Philadelphia and Brian who lives in Shanghai China.
Assistant Camp Director | Sara Sideman
Sara loves being back home at the JCC Camps at Medford, where she worked as a counselor and advocate during her teen years. She spent six years at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, NJ where she was the Director of Teen Services, running year round teen leadership programs, community service trips, and a travel camp program. Sara loves camp, and she lives for the eight weeks each summer she gets to make incredible experiences for campers and staff!
Sara obtained her BA from Rutgers University and MSW from the Wurzweiler School of Social Work. Sara enjoys anything musical theater, singing, reading, and volunteering during free time. Sara is married and has one son, Benny, who is a true JCC kid!